Aquaforest NitraPhos Minus is a unique formula that aim to biologically remove nitrate and phosphate from the aquarium. It activates the metabolism in various types of bacteria, which are responsible for the managements and removal of excess nutrients. Thanks to the special composition of multiple forms of organic carbon, amino acids and vitamins, all biochemical changes occur without any issues bacteria easily absorb compounds to convert them into biomass.
That biomass becomes a valuable food for corals while the excess and residues of it are removed from water by filter or skimmer. NitraPhos Minus improves the overall condition of corals, provides better coloration and promotes their growth. Due to maintaining the biological balance in the tank it prevents the formation of undesirable green algae and the development of cyanobacteria.
What's great about this product:
- Effectively removes excess nitrate and phosphate
- Brings chemical balance
- Quickly reduces undesired algae
- Boosts coral coloration and growth
It is recommended to start NitraPhos Minus at half of the recommended dose. It is recommended to monitor the concentration of NO3 and PO4 once or twice a week.
- NO3 higher than 10ppm & PO4 higher than 0.2ppm: 3ml daily per 100 litres
- NO3 2-10ppm & PO4 0.1 - 0.2ppm: 2-2.5ml daily per 100 litres
- NO3 lower than 2ppm & PO4 higher than 0.03ppm: 1.5ml daily per 100 litres
- NO3 lower than 2ppm & PO4 lower than 0.03ppm: 1ml daily per 100 litres
Good to know:
- Low nitrates and phosphate impose rich corals supplementation
- Inefficient filtration may be the reason for high nitrates and phosphate
- Too much food or supplements may also be the cause of too high nitrate and phosphate levels
- A violent drop of nitrate and phosphate levels can destroy zooxanthellae and lead to corals death