Seachem Reef Salt
- Specifically designed to replicate natural reef waters
- Fast dissolving
- Superior calcium and alkalinity stability
Reef Salt is a chemically sound blend of salts designed to replicate natural reef waters. It is specifically formulated for the reef environment and will provide ideal seawater concentrations of magnesium, calcium and strontium with proper alkalinity and pH for closed reef aquarium systems. It contains no toxic or non-essential components such as nitrate,phosphate, silicate, arsenic, cadmium or beryllium.
Reef Salt dissolves quickly and completely and is ready to use in only a few minutes. Reef Salt will support and promote enhanced calcium and alkalinity stability for those wishing to maintain calcium above Natural Sea Water (NSW) levels (400mg/L) as well as providing NSW levels of bromide (65 mg/L).
- Mix Reef Salt with dechlorinated tap or purified water. We recommend the use of a commercial dechlorinator like Prime to neutralise any tap water chlorine and/or chloramines. If source water quality is extremely poor we recommend purification with a Seach Pinnacle RO/DI system. NOTE: To prepare small quantities, use 34g of Reef Salt per each litre of water.
- Stir well to ensure a good mix. Although the Reef Salt solution may be used immediately, we suggest aerating the water until it achieves oxygen/carbon dioxide equillibrium.
- Measure specific gravity. Recommended range is 1.020 - 1.025 at 24 degrees celcius. NOTE: 675g of Reef Salt is formulated to create 20 litres of saltwater at a specific gravity of 1.021.
- Adjust salt level accordingly. If specific gravity is too low, add more Reef Salt. If too high, add more dechlorinated or purified water.
- Change 20% of aquarium water every 2 weeks (or as necessary) to maintain optimum water quality.